good morning all!
i slept more "normal" last night (praise God!), and am hopeful the trend continues :)
this is a random post, but some time ago i got nominated for an award... i think it was this one?
i'm not super... um, responsible, and had totally forgotten about it until i read Amanda's incredible answers! seeing as how my answers would pale in comparison (um...drag racing?!), i thought i would put a different spin on my responses. how typical of me, no?
instead of simply 10 facts about me (because you'd be sleepin' soon after!), i hereby present to you:
10 things i would never admit to on a first date, but have no problem sharing with my blog friends!
yeah, i'm goin' there.
1. i've been known to do yoga on a bed sheet, in my parent's bed room. why a bed sheet, you ask?
simple. i'm poor. yoga mats cost money. so bed sheet it is... although i plan on getting one of these someday! they're an eco-friendly company, and they plant a tree when you buy one! double score.
2. when i'm done with my gum and i'm driving, i make it a little contest with myself to see how far i can spit it out the window (if i'm at a stoplight).
don't laugh! i'm surprisingly powerful for being a little pipsqueak.
and yes... i've gotten a few stares. i should probably grow out of that habit... not as endearing from a grown woman as a 5-year-old, right?
3. there are two reasons why i go to my local gym: one is to strength train, and the other is to read magazines.
plenty of workouts, i've done 15 extra minutes of cooldown, just to finish a Shape, Oxygen, or something like that.
i get women's health and it's ok and stuff, but all the variety at the gym is so enticing! no shame.
however, i cannot stand gossip magazines. i fully believe they rot your brains. if you see me reading, rest assured it will be: a blog, a book, or a magazine of substance. thank you.
4. this one is obvious, but could be considered unorthodox, i suppose... as y'all know, i am passionately committed to the blog. it's a huge part of my purpose. i feel so blessed to be able to experience your victories, your sorrows, and your challenges "along side you." i value this space, and the community with it, as one of my most prized posessions.
so naturally, i'm a bit defensive if someone teases me about it. also, i talk about you guys like you're right here with me in VA. my mom and i often have at-length discussions about something on "so-and-so's blog," or she asks what i'm posting on/reading/writing today.
strange? i think not.
5. i hate baseball. it's hot/humid/rainy, the little kids are ceaselessly obnoxious, and everyone inevitably spills their beer. the end.
this may be an underlying factor behind why i don't get dates.... maybe. i could be wrong.
6. i hate deodorant. it's slimy, it gets on your clothes no matter how you try to dance and shimmy your arms, and it looks disgusting.
i suck this one up, though, and i still wear it. just incase you were wondering :)
7. much to the chagrin of my ex-boyfriends, dad, and little brother, i am always "that girl" when we go to out to eat.
yes, i know i'm annoying, but i try my darndest to quickly and respectfully order my dressing on the side, substitute fruit/salad for fries, and swap white bread for wheat.
i know it's girly and yada yada yada, but it's my money and i feel better when i eat that way.
8. i love being different, really. i love surprising people. i love breaking the mold.
i have funky, pixie hair. i rock the androgyny of wearing heels and skirts with my runner's legs. i am continually enamoured with my tattoo (soon to be plural!) and how it highlights my strong, but feminine arms. i usually wear no makeup, yet my body still screams "girl!!!"
but sometimes, i feel like i attract more attention than i'm comfortable with. maybe it's just my imagination, but plenty of times i feel kinda like... everyone is looking at me. i know i'm quirky, but i still get self-conscious, ya know?
just because i rock a mohawk doesn't mean i'm fearless.
9. i am paralyzed by heights.
yes friends, i admit: elevators, airplanes, and tall buildings scare the begeezes out of me.
no, i will not go bungee jumping/skydiving/bouldering with you. truly sorry.
the only exception? after swimming since age 7, i am totally comfortable with heights... above water. strangely enough, i've been parasailing, cliff diving, and done plenty of backflips off the high divingboard, and they were some of my most awesome life experiences.
10. last, but certainly not least, i do not wear thongs. ever.
my teenage years of foolishness are over, and so are they. i don't do butt-floss.
now, with that lovely mental image of my buttcrack so fresh in your minds, i have a very important question for you super-bloggers.
should i get twitter? i don't even know how to use it! technology and i maintain a strained relationship, at best.
do you guys tweet a lot?
is it a good way to stay in touch?
what would you never admit to on a date?