Jun 10, 2010

sniffle sniffle.

well, it finally happened.

no amount of knockin'-on-wood, finger-crossing, hand-washing, or earnest prayers could keep me from not getting sick for more than 6 months.

yes, i consider myself very lucky to have avoided a cold for that long. 
a bonus of being unemployed and on medical leave, yes? 

and yet, here i am, curled up like a giant, coughing fetus on the sofa, surrounded by a sea of Food Network magazines, cups of lukewarm water, and cartons of Fage.

Trader Joe's fig bars in Fage.
i saw stars.

the upsides of this situation?
1. i discovered Trader Joe's makes their own version of FIG NEWTONS!!!!!!!! if you have managed up escape hearing about my obsession for this long, count your blessings. they're my kryptonite.

2. i now have yet another reason to lay around all day in my pjs with no shame. which leads me to the purpose of this garbage post...


ASK ME ANYTHING!
i'm definitely not cool enough for formspring, so is there anything you guys want to know about me?

dirty secrets? tips or tricks? favorite foods? the name on my other passport?
... oh wait. ok, anything other than that.

ask your worst!
-rebekah

8 comments:

  1. Oh, get well faster than the fastest train, darling!
    Hum hum, a question for you.
    If you could speak to Barack Obama for five minutes, what would be on your agenda you bright person?

    Big and healing hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you get well soon!
    maybe now you can just relax and enjoy doing nothing, being lazy and having some fun, unrelated to anything important :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They make their own fig newtons??! I looove those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww get better soon! I have some q's for ya!
    1. Whats the most appalling thing you have done in the name of fashion?
    2. What is the grossest thing you have eaten, and enjoyed?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl youz real coooooool. Ahh I have never had a fig newton...because I was a severly picky child. But I must try those! I am gonna post tonight because in target I found a box of MINI LARA BARS.. and was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is one food combo you eat people think is weird?!

    if you were a spice what would you be?

    if you could have a foodnetwork star[love that mag get a subscription] be your personal chef who would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I hope you're on the way to a fast recovery and the bug's only got you knocked out for a day or two. Make sure you rest and don't push it! I think that's the hardest thing to remmeber. I'm still waiting to get the dreaded cold...I can't remember the last time I was sick-sick...but my boss has a bad cold now (and seems to ALWAYS have something, yet somehow I escape it?)
    And yay for your TJ's find! I was really disappointed when I read the ingredients in a fig newton recently. I used to consider them "healthy food," when I didn't really pay attention to what I was eating. It's kind of disappointing. Same goes for wheat thins. And I definitely got a little giddy all over again when I read that post - you and everyone are too darn sweet :)
    Anyway, that's enough of a novel from me...feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, that sucks! But at least you haven't had one in a really long time? :)
    And now that I think about it I haven't had strept or really any sort of cold worse than a stuffy nose for quite a long time either. Not counting getting the swine flu haha.

    I hope you feel better, and I'm glad you found some TJ fig newtons. ;)

    I can't think of a good question, sorry!

    ReplyDelete

questions or comments about my thoughts?
feel free to share, and thanks for stopping by!